Summer has arrived. Well, at least it is getting close — another week and a half for me before I get a “real” vacation. I’m hoping the break also means a little more time for reading.
I’ve received many recommendations and I am hoping to get to them all — eventually. My reading list is always much longer than I can manage, so I will be releasing it in installments. This is part one (my first ten books), in no particular order.
- Onward: Cultivating Emotional Resilience in Educators by Elena Aguilar
- What is the What by Dave Eggers
- 42 Faith: The Rest of the Jackie Robinson Story by Ed Henry
- Waging Peace In Our Schools by Linda Lantieri and Janet Patti
- The Wounded Healer: Ministry in Contemporary Society by Henri J. M. Nouwen
- Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
- Hell is Empty: A Longmire Mystery by Craig Johnson
- The Dream Keepers: Successful Teachers of African American Children by Gloria Ladson-Billings
- Good and Angry: Redeeming Anger, Irritation, Complaining, and BitternessGood and Angry: Redeeming Anger, Irritation, Complaining, and Bitterness by David Powlison
- Sting-Ray Afternoons: A Memoir by Steve Rushin
This first installment of my reading list is a mix of professional development, personal development, and a little entertainment. I’ll keep you posted.
If you’re wondering what is up with this list, read this post: “10 Things” and “Random Thoughts”