I am almost done with school for the year — just a few more days of wrap-up and administrative meetings. In an effort to refresh (and prepare for a new school year), I am going to take a purposeful break. A sabbatical, so to speak.
In the spirit of my 10 Things posts, here is a list of what I will be doing.
- Rest: I need to give myself permission to really rest — to sit quietly, take naps, watch a baseball game. Relax.
- Read: I have a diverse summer reading list, and a few more books will probably find their way into the mix. The key is, I am going to read books I enjoy.
- Take a Mindfulness Class: I plan to take a mindfulness class through mindfulschools.org
- Go to the Beach: Ocean air. No further explanation needed.
- Simplify: I make things too difficult. During my sabbatical I am going to jettison clutter, habits, and anything else that makes decisions difficult.
- Walk: This is a chance to get a little exercise, listen to books and music, and think.
- Eat Mindfully: I need to break a few habits in this area and develop a few positive habits — like eating a healthy lunch.
- Go to Kansas: Visit family, go fishing, and focus on some of the other items on my list — walk, read, rest.
- Focus on Others and Gratitude: Find ways to encourage, support, and help others –including things at home (cooking, laundry, dishes, etc.)
- Let go of Anger and Frustration: It’s not healthy — for me, or those around me. Just breathe and let things go.
If you’re wondering what is up with this list, read this post: “10 Things” and “Random Thoughts”